Cleaning a percolator bong may not be the most attractive task for any smoker, but it is very important. If you have not tried doing so, here are some easy steps of doing so:
- Pipe cleaners
- Paper towels/cotton swabs
- Rubber bands and plastic wrap
How to Clean:
- Detach the removable parts of your bong, including the ash catchers, bowls, and down stems. For your percolator bong, pour alcohol directly into the base, then right through the stem hole, and the neck. Continue the pouring until the alcohol drips down and fill the percolators.
- Let the alcohol to stay for a few minutes. This helps in softening up the resin build-up.
- Put a few spoonfuls of salt right through the base and the neck. You can add more depending on the actual size of the bong.
- With a plastic wrap, close all openings of the bong, tying them in place using rubber bands. This is also to make sure that no air will escape.
- Tip the bong upside down and back again. This process can be repeated to ensure that salt will go into the chambers of the bong. You can then shake it back and forth.
- Once the resin has been removed, empty your bong. This process may be done a few processes to ensure that everything is cleaned up.